Every Saturday morning, the first thing I do upon waking is go for run. After coming back and showering, I break-fast with this oatmeal, which I find to be mighty tasty.
All ingredients I acquire from the bulk section of my local food co-op (except the honey, which comes from the farmer’s market). Everything, of course, is organic.
- 4 oz. thick rolled oats
- 1 - 1 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 spoon full of honey
- A pinch (or two) of sea salt
(For me, this makes one serving. Your mileage may vary.)
- Put the correct amounts of oats, sugar, and raisins in a container and set it aside.
- Place 1 cup of water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Dump in the oats, sugar, and raisins.
- Add a pinch (or two) of sea salt.
- Mix it up, allow everything to return to a full boil, then lower the heat to something around medium.
- Watch it till the mixture becomes your preferred consistency, stirring occasionally. It usually takes 5-6 minutes for me.
- When it looks to be about done, turn off the heat and mix in one whopping, overflowing spoon full of honey.
- Let it cool for a minute or two, and enjoy!