I had intended to spend Friday night in the Arboretum, but the weather didn’t agree with me. Instead, I spent most of the day Saturday up there. The shelter I had spent the night in was in need of some patching, which that kept me occupied for an hour or so. After that, I discovered two new shelters (of a sort).
he first was a well put together and elaborate A-frame. It was too small for anybody to fit in, but I imagine, with a tarp, one could make a large bivy-sack out of it. The second looked at first glance as if a bunch of wood had just been piled there, but upon closer inspection it’s obvious that it was placed with a purpose — some sticks were tied together, others duck taped. Had it been built properly, it would have been impressive. I wonder if it just collapsed on itself.